Friday, August 31, 2012

What is a real man?

What is a real man?


What is a real man? A real man is the one that goes above and beyond to protect you. A real man cherishes you. Ladies, I have been through a lot of crappy relationships (including the one with my own daughter's biological father). Eight years ago, I met the man that is now my husband. I had a 5 year old daughter. I was a single mom with no help whatsoever from my daughter's biological daughter. I was single, broke and a stuggling, emotional single mom.

I consider myself lucky. I met a person that became my best friend. He not only became my best friend and lover but he also became my daughter's "dad". It was weird. I wasn't looking for him. I was casually dating his former best friend. I casually went out with his best friend and met him. Him and I became friends and everything grew from there. I dumped his friend and went with him. Needless to say, I was frowned on for that. Yes, It may have been wrong. I wasn't serious with his friend though and I honestly believe that this way was God's way of seeing what I needed and putting it in my life. I don't regret one moment of it

This man changed my whole life. He took over so many stresses in life. He hurt when I hurt. He helped me grow strong. He stuck by me through all my mental breakdowns. I was a brat. I wont lie. I started reading relationship books first when we almost split up (because I cheated). Again, I was an inconsiderate brat. I started reading self help books etc. I came to a startling reality that I loved this man and I loved my daughter and I wanted us to have a good life. I wanted to break the cycle of my past. I started this blog 2 and 1/2 years ago. The amount that I have grown emotionally is astounding. I go back and I read my initial posts on this blog and I am shocked by my own writing. I never go back though on my initial thoughts. I started this self help journey because I wanted to Love Life. I wanted to be a better Mom. My daughter is my inspiration.

On another note though, it makes a huge difference in my life that my husband is such a real man. He never, ever lets me fight my inner battles alone. He has stuck by me through my worst. Now, he reaps the benefits of my best. I'm strong now. You know what? He deserves my best and I love him. He stuck by me through my worst of emotional battles. He was the father to my daughter that he never had to be. Now, my daughter is turning 14. They are the best of friends and he's always here no matter what. When I'm stressed, he knows it. He handles it. I don't have to ask. He cherishes me and my daughter (the same as we cherish him) Our family is happy and secure :-) That's all I ever really truly wanted.

Ladies, I can't stress the importance of having a man that really cherishes you. Don't just settle. Know what the answer to the question "What is a real man"? See more at www.winningatlove.com


Or do you just want to laugh? 100 funny facebook quotes here






Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment