Monday, July 5, 2010

Little Breakdown

I had a little breakdown last night :-( so I need double inspiration today (as I am feeling blue)
Spent the day today stressed and anxious so I had to read double today on Healthy Selfishness
Healthy selfishness is a way of thinking and acting in which there is a deep appreciation, compassion, and concern for yourself- by yourself
** Respect your feelings, desires and needs
**trust in yourself, believe in your self. Trust in your own ability and experience
**accept your weaknesses and imperfections without guilt
**Always encourage yourself

Whenver I am down, I love reading about inspiration and just looking up joke. It makes me feel better

It hurts when someone you think is your friend, stabs you in the back

But as my 89 year old boss (who is a very wise woman) always tells me "You will go through your whole life and by the time you are done, you will be able to count your true friends on one hand"
The older I am getting, the more truth I see in that.

She told me this story one time about a woman she knew who died. The woman had pre bought her grave site and premade her funeral arrangements and she gave the funeral parlor a sealed envelope and they were instructed that whenever she died, they needed to open the envelope and put it with the guest book that people signed

The letter said "Where have you been for the past 20 years and if you didn't have time to see me before, don't waste your time now"

I don't really tell the story, the way she tells it because she tells it so well. You get the gist of the meaning though

Healthy selfishness is the key that opens the door to a life of freedom: freedom from being ruled by opinions and demands of others. Freedoms from the voices within your mind, leftovers from your childhook that in the past may have judged and blamed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment